4-way full range dipole speaker with AE woofer, Supravox lo-midrange, Scanspeak hi-midrange and Mundorf AMT dipole tweeter
- The VCL EX21 is a 4 – way full range dipole loudspeaker.
- Three different systems will be designed for this loudspeaker, a passive system with analog filtering using discrete components, an active system with analog filtering using opamps or tubes and an active system with digital filtering using biquads.
VCLLabs plans to built the passive system as the first version.
- The transducers are the Audio Elegance Dipole 18 – D8 as woofer, the Supravox 215 RTF 64 as lo – midrange, the Scanspeak 12MU/4731T00 as hi – midrange and the Mundorf AMT17D2.2 as tweeter.
- The total speaker baffle is 109 cm high and 50 cm wide. The loudspeaker foot is 42 cm deep.
- The speaker sensitivity is 83 dB at 1m, 2.83 Vrms, full space, the low frequency response F3 = 33 Hz and for a woofer maximum excursion condition at 45 Hz the speaker maximum SPL is 103 dB @ 33 – 20000 kHz at 1m, free space..